Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Brunch: Leek and Feta Greek Quiche

A while back I wrote about how I once imagined married life on the weekend
7:30AM wake up
7:45AM start breakfast & homemade lattes
8:30 AM sit next to a sunny window and read the newspaper, drink a delicious homemade latte and a savory breakfast (aka: google reader and NYT online)

My dream is now reality. My husband does not surprise me with gifts, he gives me options. Dearest Jacqueline, for Valentine's Day since I love you so much I want to buy you a KithenAid mixer or an espresso machine. In hopes that KitchenAid will find my food blog the perfect path for advertising they'll just send me a mixer, I went with the espresso maker. Talk about instant gratification, the perfect buzz and more cohesive mornings.

I enjoy the thrill of receiving gifts, so I'm saving my Valentine's Day gift for my husband until tomorrow. I did make him this Amazing Greek Quiche


Leek and Feta Greek Quiche
Recipe adapted from: My Greek Ambition

Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
2 tbs butter
4 tbs olive oil
2 c leeks chopped
1 c plain Greek yogurt
1 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 lg eggs lightly whisked
1 package of feta cheese (buy a block of feta and then crumble by hand)
1 tbs dried dill
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a pie pan or spring form pan. Turn your skillet onto medium high heat. Melt the butter in the skillet and add the olive oil. Toss in the onions and saute until transparent. Add the leeks and saute for about 5 more minutes until leeks are wilted.

In a mixing bowl sift the flour and baking soda.

Add the slightly beaten eggs and yogurt to the dry ingredients. After everything is thoroughly combined, crumble the feta and lightly fold it into the batter.

Pour the ingredients into your greased pan, sprinkle the dill over the top of the batter and cook for 40-45 minutes.

The result is a gorgeous golden crust and a light savory quiche.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Two Can Skillet © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates