Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Taco Tuesday : Masa Pockets

 

I managed to get this recipe out last night but before I wrote anything our internet went down. We've been hit hard with non stop rain, the water is so high on the road it creates a wave that splashes into our front yard. Last night I saw someone get hit by one of these waves. Now I'm heading out to face the rain. I can't find my rain boots, I don't have a proper rain jacket but I do have a big umbrella, wish me luck.

Ingredients
1 c masa harina
3 tbs flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c water (added in 1 tbs at a time)
Filling
1/2 c corn
1/2 c cooked shrimp chopped
1/4 c shredded fontina
oil for pan frying


In a bowl combine the masa harina, flour, baking soda and salt.





One tablespoon at a time, add water to the dry ingredients until a nice ball is formed. The dough should not crumble easily and it should not have a sticky texture.



 Take a golf sized piece of dough and roll it into a ball. Use a rolling pin to roll it out flat like a tortilla.



Spoon a teaspoon of corn a couple pieces of shrimp onto the masa dough.


Add the cheese.


Fold in half and pinch the edges together, making a half circle shape.If some of the sections are difficult, keep working the dough, it will mend together.


In a skillet on high heat add about 2 tablespoons of oil. Place the masa pockets into the pan and cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.


When they're done place them onto a paper towel to absorb the extra oil and eat them while they're hot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Two Can Skillet © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates