Thursday, February 10, 2011

Taco Tuesday: Quinoa and Corn SalsaTacos

Taco Tuesday has been delayed but I have a really good excuse. Yesterday, I noticed that Ree Drummond of Pioneer Woman Cooks was doing a book signing in SF for her new book Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story. Not my evening planned out at all, I sporadically grabbed my sister-in-law and dragged her out to the book signing. At about 7PM Ree arrived with her three daughters to a crowd of devotees.
 
Ree did a great Q&A session answering questions ranging from how she doesn't gain weight when all of her recipes contain butter and cream to how she keeps such a good relationship with her husband. I was thrilled when I heard that Elise from Simply Recipes was in the crowd as well.

Upon arriving at the bookstore, I had been given the letter "K" which identified when I could get my book signed. A couple of phone calls, a long bathroom line, one coffee and two hours later they were just calling letter "G". In desperation, I had to make a decision to wait it out another hour or so to get my book signed, or catch my last bus home.


And that's why Taco Tuesday was delayed.

Quinoa and Corn Salsa Tacos
Ingredients
1 c quinoa
1/4 c red onion diced
1/2 c corn
1/2 c bell pepper diced
1 avocado diced
1/2 c black beans
1/2 jalapeno minced
1/8 c chopped cilantro
2 limes juiced
salt and pepper
6-8 corn tortillas
queso fresco

In a bowl toss the quinoa and chopped up vegetables together.
Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture and season accordingly with salt and pepper.
To assemble the taco spoon the quinoa and corn salsa into the corn tortillas and crumble some queso fresco over the top.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Two Can Skillet © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates