Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Brunch: Breakfast Casserole

It has been 3 years since I lived in Daly City, CA. Daly City appealed to me for two reasons:
  1. I could see the ocean from my place
  2. It was cheap
What I discovered the day I moved into my apartment next to the beach, is that the town is blanketed in fog 350 days of the year. Daly City fog means not being able to see your neighbors house across the street. Lets just say I'm much happier living north of San Francisco and out of the fog.

It has also been 3 years since I made this breakfast casserole. The source of this recipe has been forgotten as well, I want to say I found it in a Cooking Light magazine, but after multiple Google searches nothing came up. The recipe is very forgiving and can handle a variety of breakfast meats and/or vegetables.

Ingredients
Serves 2
4 eggs
1/4 c milk
salt & pepper
1/2 bell pepper diced
1/4 c diced ham
1/8 c red onion diced
1 c frozen hashed browns
1/4 c asparagus diced (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a small baking dish with butter (8" pie dish or your smallest rectangular dish, a skillet will work as well).

Chop up the bell peppers, ham, onion and asparagus and toss into the baking dish.



Measure out 1 cup of hashed browns and mix with the vegetables.
Whisk the egg, milk, salt and pepper together. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables, ham and hashed browns.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole and bake for 45 minutes or until egg is cooked all the way through.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Two Can Skillet © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates