Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Taco Tuesday: Fish Tacos

 
Over the MLK weekend I spent lots of time working out recipes I've been putting off for the last month. Unfortunately I caught a baking bug. I made bread that didn't rise. I made a blueberry coffeecake with a streusel topping that was just too floury. I tried making a mint and lavender syrup for my seltzer water, the combination wasn't that hot. By the time it came around to Taco Tuesday, I was so happy to be cooking rather than baking. How was your MLK weekend?

Fish Tacos

Ingredients
2 fillets of cod (about 1/2 lb)
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp salt
2 c shredded cabbage
1 tbs vinegar
1/4 c salsa
6-10 corn tortillas
1 lime
cilantro to garnish

Combine paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt in a bowl.
Pat cod dry and sprinkle spices all over cod.
Put your skillet on medium high heat and pour some oil into the skillet. Cook the fish 3 minutes on each side, (my cod was about 3/4 inch thick) Cook longer for a thicker piece of cod. When done, the fish should flake apart with a fork easily.
My cod was a little overcooked!
 Quickly toss the cabbage around with the vinegar and salt. I used rice wine vinegar and it still tasted great. To put together your tacos start with a layer of cabbage slaw, a piece of the fish, a drizzle of salsa and a sprinkle of cilantro. Maybe you want to add hot sauce and don't forget the cerveza.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Two Can Skillet © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates