Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Taco Tuesday: Lobster Avocado Tacos


I have come to the conclusion that standing alone, crab is better than lobster . . . unless it's used as an ingredient. I had left over lobster from my father-in-laws birthday so I spent all day trying to decide what to make:

lobster pot pie
lobster bisque
lobster risotto
lobster mac & cheese
lobster chowder
lobster pizza
lobster rolls
lobster tacos

I know, I'm a genius. If you don't have leftover lobster, the langostino tails from the freezer section of Trader Joe's work perfectly.

Ingredients
1 cup cooked lobster meat (or langostino tails)
1 avocado diced
2 tbs mayonaise
1 lime juiced
1/8 c chopped cilantro
2 green onions chopped
1/4 of a red cabbage head, shredded
1 tbs rice vinegar
salt and pepper
6-8 corn tortillas warmed
hot sauce
Serve with a Paloma

In a bowl, combine the lobster, avocado, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.


In another bowl toss the shredded cabbage and rice vinegar.


Toss some red cabbage into a warm tortilla and spoon two scoops of lobster over the cabbage.

1 comments:

Liam said...

Not going to lie...This look freaking delicious...The thing I like most is that the colors stand out. There's nothing I love more that great tasting food that looks great.

Post a Comment

 

Two Can Skillet © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates