Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekend Brunch: Dutch Babies

Last night I roasted and shelled chestnuts. If you've never worked with chestnuts, their shells have a thick sharp outer layer and when you peel the chestnut out of the shell, your fingers get pierced and sliced. Since my fingers are still recovering, I'll keep this short. Dutch babies are like a pancake but baked, and fluffier, and better! Just like crepes, I know they'll make a comeback!
This is just a teaser. Imagine sugar & syrup on top of this!

Dutch Babies

1/3 cup of butter
1 cup of flour
1 cup of milk
4 eggs
1 tsp orange zest
powdered sugar and maple syrup for garnish

Turn your oven onto 400 degrees. Put the butter in the skillet and put it into the oven.

With a whisk or a mixer, combine the flour, milk, eggs and orange zest. Mix until smooth.


Take the hot skillet with melted butter out of the oven and pour the batter into the pan.

Cook for 20 to 25 minutes until the sides have poofed up and you see a golden brown crust on the outside of the dutch baby.
Sprinkle some powdered sugar over the dutch baby, cut into quarters and serve with syrup.
These babies are hot!

1 comments:

Michele said...

I totally want these when I come home! Yum, yum...I can almost taste them. HOT BUTTER!

Post a Comment

 

Two Can Skillet © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates