Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Brunch: Sour Cream Pancakes


I originally found these sour cream pancakes on Smitten Kitchen's blog who got it from Ree Drummond's cookbook. I am not lying when I say that this is the ONLY pancake recipe that I have used since I originally stumbled upon Smiten Kitchen's post a year ago.

The recipe is perfectly sized for two. I get about 7 fluffy five inch pancakes out of this recipe.

7 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/ 2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream (I swapped some with yogurt when I realized I was short, to no ill-effect)
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter or oil
Maple syrup

In a bowl stir together all of the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda and the salt).

Gently mix in the sour cream.

In a separate bowl, whisk the two eggs with the vanilla extract. Add into the batter.

In a skillet on medium heat coated with oil or butter, scoop two spoonfuls of batter onto the hot skillet.

Once bubbles begin to form at the very edge of the pancake batter, it's time to gently flip them over. This should take around 1-2 minutes depending on how hot your skillet is.

Cook for another 1-2 minutes until the goo on the outside of the pancake doesn't look runny. These pancakes get puffy so make sure and pat them down with a spatula a couple of times. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy every minute of these pancakes. They go way too fast.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Two Can Skillet © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates